Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 frittatas
These are a great portable source of protein. Prepare them over the weekend, or whenever you have a few extra minutes and eat them throughout the week. This is meant to be more of a guide than a recipe – use whatever ingredients you’d like and experiment.
1 dozen eggs
cooking spray (preferably avocado oil or olive oil) to coat muffin tin
Choose from any of the following:
frozen thawed and drained spinach or kale (or pre-cooked if you don’t like frozen)
red or green bell peppers, diced
goat cheese crumbled
basil, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste (garlic and onion powder work too!)
• Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
• Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste as well as any other seasonings you are using.
• Place 2-3 items from the ingredient list into each cup. You can customize each muffin cup however you'd like! Pour the egg mixture on top, leaving 1/4" from the top.
• Bake for 20 minutes, or until a sharp knife or toothpick comes out clean for each frittata. Remove from oven. Use a knife to go around the edges and pop each one out.
• Store in refrigerator if you will be eating them within the next 5 days, otherwise, wrap and store in the freezer.📷 📷
• They can be reheated in the toaster oven for 375 for 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!