Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8-12 slices
1 cup natural creamy unsalted almond butter (almonds should be the only ingredient)
use sunflower butter for nut free
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1 large egg
¼ cup raw cacao (may substitute cocoa powder)
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1½ cups shredded zucchini, about 1 medium
1 cup chocolate chips, dark or semi-sweet (I like Enjoy Life brand – they’re dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and adjust rack to middle. Line a 9” spring-form pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except zucchini and chocolate chips and mix until smooth.
3. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
4. Pour batter into parchment-lined pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake for about 35 minutes or until cake is just set. Do not over bake.
5. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve as is (yum!) or with Coconut Cinnamon Whipped Cream (even better!). Leftover cake will keep covered on the counter for up to 5 days (if it lasts that long!).