Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
2 limes (zest and juice from 1 and juice from second)
3 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. salt
black pepper to taste
1 medium-large jicama
1 large or 2 small honeycrisp or granny smith apples
1 red bell pepper, halved, ribs and seeds removed, and thinly sliced
½ red onion thinly sliced
½ jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds removed and diced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1. Prepare dressing – combine lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a mason jar and shake until mixed completely. Set aside.
2. Peel and halve jicama. Feed through julienne attachment of food processor or slice thinly, then stack 3-5 slices at a time, and cut into matchsticks.
3. Halve and core apples and feed through julienne attachment of food processor or cut into matchsticks, as well.
4. Combine jicama, apples, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
5. Add dressing and toss again until well mixed. Serve as a topping to cilantro rice bowls or tacos or all on its own – it’s that good!