Prep time: 10 mins
Yield: 6-12 bars depending on thickness
1 cup unflavored, unsweetened whey protein (I like Bulletproof brand)
2 scoops of collagen peptides (I like Vital Proteins)
1 cup gluten free oats (or 1 1/2 cups crisp brown rice cereal)
1 cup Nutzo Organic Power Fuel nut butter (may substitute nut butter of choice)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling (I like Enjoy Life brand)
pinch of sea salt
1. Line a 8”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper (for easy bar removal)
2. Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine thoroughly, making sure to scrape the bottom and incorporate all ingredients. Mixture will be somewhat stiff.
3. Add bar mixture to loaf pan and use a spatula or your hands to spread evenly in pan, pressing down firmly.
4. Sprinkle with remaining mini chips, as desired (I use maybe a tablespoon or two more) and press them down into mixture.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
6. Remove bars from pan by carefully pulling up on parchment paper and place on cutting board (I keep the parchment underneath so they are easy to move back to pan for storage).
7. Using a sharp knife, cut large block into slices crosswise. Depending on the size bars you want, you can cut them ½”-1”wide.
8. Return bars to refrigerator and store covered for up to 1 week.