Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook TIme: 6-8 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
2 lbs. Roma tomatoes (about 8 large), halved lengthwise
1 large white onion, halved and sliced into ½” thick slices
6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
1-2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed and halved (remove seeds and ribs for less spice)
juice of 1 lime
large handful cilantro
1½ tsp. fine sea salt
1. Place oven rack 4-6 inches from heating element and preheat broiler.
2. On a baking sheet, place tomatoes (skin side up), onion, garlic cloves (unpeeled), and jalapeño (skin side up) in a single, even layer.
3. Broil for 6-8 minutes or until tomatoes and jalapeño have a nice blistery char on them.
4. Remove tray from oven, peel garlic (they should slip right out of their skins), and add tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and garlic to food processor (or blender) along with lime juice, cilantro, and salt.
5. Pulse or blend until desired consistency (I love it finely chopped but not completely pulverized). Adjust salt and lime juice to taste.
6. Can be served immediately or refrigerated in a mason jar for up to 5 days. Enjoy!