Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes Yield: serves 4 - 1/4 cup servings
1 15 oz. can chickpeas (look for Eden Organic Brand – BPA free) or 2 cups cooked chickpeas 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or melted coconut oil – especially for the sweet ones)
Spiced: 1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp paprika (smoked variety is delicious)
1/2 tsp salt
Maple Cinnamon: 2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt (I use Himalayan pink salt)
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse chickpeas and dry as thoroughly as possible (for maximum crunch). I like to gently rub them between two clean kitchen towels. Remove any skins that have been loosened.
3. Place the chickpeas on the parchment lined baking sheet.
4. In a small bowl combine oil and spiced or sweet ingredients.
5. Drizzle over chickpeas and toss to fully combine.
6. Place them in the oven for 30-40 minutes, shaking the sheet about halfway through to allow for even browning. Start checking for doneness after 30 minutes – you want them crunchy, but not burnt.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!