Prep Time: 20 minutes
Dressing: 1/3 cup olive oil
3 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 shallot, finely minced
1 T. maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
Salad: 1 bunch Tuscan kale
2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
1 medium Honeycrisp apple
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in an 8 oz. mason jar and shake until completely combined.
2. Strip tough rib from the center of each kale leaf and then slice into ribbons.
3. Add ½ of dressing to kale in salad bowl and massage with hands to break down fibers in kale leaves.
4. Add remaining salad ingredients to bowl, pour on remaining dressing, and mix thoroughly.
5. Serve immediately or salad will keep refrigerated for several hours.