Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 minutes
3 T. coco
pped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roughly chop cauliflower into large florets, place on baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, season with salt and pepper, toss and arrange in an even layer.
3. Roast for 30 minutes and set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, roughly chop your mushrooms, removing and discarding thick and woody stems (especially the shiitake).
5. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven or stockpot.
6. Once oil is melted and hot, add mushrooms and thyme, lightly season with salt, and pepper, and stir to coat. Cook the mushrooms until they have released most of their liquid. Remove ½ cup mushrooms and reserve for garnish.
7. Add the onions and the garlic, and cook for about a minute. Add the white wine and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and add the roasted cauliflower.
9. Using an immersion blender or working in batches with a vented standing blender, purée the soup until completely smooth and velvety.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. You may also add more stock for a thinner soup. Bring back up to a simmer before serving. Garnish each bowl with reserved mushrooms and parsley.